Thursday, August 4, 2011

Concert Time


Syda and I had a blast at The Wailin' Jennys last night. Admittedly, I wasn't able to sit and watch as much of the performance as I would have liked, since Syda felt like exploring and I couldn't blame her. The park is big and it was full of people, birds, the pier, other toddlers, empty strollers, babies, clover, huge flowers and flag fences and...well, a LOT of things that any toddler would want to check out.

The Jennys sounded beautiful, as always! They also have a new Boy Jenny in the lineup who plays a mean fiddle or violin depending on who you ask. The set list was pretty mellow and perfect for a summer night in the park. My only wish is that they had played a few more new tracks from Bright Morning Stars, but it was still a wonderful concert and one of the nicest Wednesday evenings I've had in a while.

Our spot in the crowd.


Eating dinner before the show. There was also a sandwich and watermelon, but really PB is always the fave when available.


Baby likes PB too.

The highlight of Syda's evening - the puddle! This is the beginning of her fun, she spent a good 20 minutes splashing and even sitting in this puddle. This is also how I enjoyed most of the night, hearing one of my favorite bands and my daughter's laughter mixing in the air. (and yes, I had a set of clean, dry clothes for her when she was done.)

No comments: