Sunday, June 15, 2008

These Boobs Were Made For Walking


100_1799
Originally uploaded by leilamus
And that's just what they did!

The Seacoast Area La Leche League Breastfeeding Walk was this Saturday. We had a beautiful day for it! Warm but not too warm and sunny with a nice breeze and the gorgeous beach to walk next to as we raised money for breastfeeding education. We raised a little over $400 which will help to cover the cost for our leaders and Leader Applicants to attend the LDS in Albany this July. The LDS is a Leader Development Seminar that provides education, support and networking opportunities to LLL Leaders. We're very thankful to all of our supporters for their generosity!!!

Thank you to all the mamas, dadas, kiddos and friends who came out to share the beautiful day with us!!! Special thanks to La Festa of Dover and StrollPatroll for their donation of gift certificates which were used as raffle prizes.

I have to say, I'm really happy with how this turned out as it was my first experience coordinating a fundraiser for Seacoast Area LLL. I definietely learned a lot and now have areas to improve upon, but all in all I'm satisfied. I hope that we can try to do this again next year, I'd like to expand it and get more people involved and more donations and more prizes and activities to get a bigger participation...I really feel motivated to do it again. I'm also so glad that I'm attending a session about fundraising at the LDS - I believe it will be money well-spent.

PS Click on the pic above to see more photos from the walk and our fun day at the beach.

1 comment:

Mrs. Redpants said...

what beautiful children! i wish we could have been there to join in on the fun... besides- my boobs are so elastic at this point they probably could walk! thanks emmett!