Monday, June 18, 2012

Fascinating Conversation


"Nate, did you enjoy our visit to the library this afternoon?"

"Why, yes I did Syda.  I'm most excited about the Summer Reading program.  Did you have a pleasant time as well?"

"Of course, I played with the colored frogs and the trains and the blocks and threw puzzle pieces on the floor."

"Marvelous!"

"Yes, quite."

"Shall we take a nap now so Mother is awake all night and groggy tomorrow?"

"Splendid idea! Let us commence napping."
(My kids are British when participating in any sort of plotting.)

This is clearly the conversation that happened during the 2 minute break I took this evening.  I kid you not, I was in the bathroom for maybe 45 seconds and then went to get a drink of water and came back to this. They look like they were deep in conversation don't they?  Evidently someone just came along and unplugged them and they shut down where they were.

Part of me is slightly annoyed, because they are now napping at 5pm which means they will wake by 8pm ready to take on the world, just as I'm ready to go to bed.  BUT cuteness like this overrides the annoyance factor.  Every time.

I do need to figure out how to put this pic on my phone though so I can get through work tomorrow.  It will likely be a long day, but it's worth it, for these sweet folks. (and the big one who is not napping)

No comments: